When it comes to cooking chicken I am always looking for no-fuss recipes. This zesty chili-lime chicken recipe is one of them. It is a winner recipe for me. All you need is few spices and fresh limes to make this chicken. You can adjust the spice level as per your taste. It does not need whole lot of time to marinate. I think it tastes best when you grill it. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients : Serves 2-3
1 lb. chicken tenders
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Mix all the spices and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the spice mixture and make a thick paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces well with the prepared spice mixture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for half hour to marinate.
- Preheat the grill before you grill the chicken. You can use a cast iron pan as well.
- Brush the grill with the cooking oil. Put the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill them about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish it with lime slices and chopped cilantro before serving.
We at our home love eating salads for lunch. It is light, yet satisfying. We make salads using a variety of food like grains, mixed greens, lettuce, nuts, veggies and fruits. This one is one of our favorites. It is versatile and is easy to make. You can add as many or as little veggies as you like.
Roasted Veggie Salad: (Serves: 2)
- 4 Cups washed and dried mixed greens (I use shredded boston lettuce and baby mixed greens like chard, spinach and kale)
- 1/4 Cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup butternut squash, julienne
- 1/4 Cup red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/4 Cup yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 1/4 Cup carrots, julienne
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower seeds (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper as per your taste
- Line a baking sheet with a aluminium foil and spread
all the veggies on it. Sprinkle little olive oil, salt and
pepper on it. Mix well so veggies are well coated with
oil and seasonings.
- Preheat oven on 400 degree F and after it is
preheated put the veggie tray in the oven. Roast the
veggies for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- After the veggies are done roasting keep them aside
to cool down a little.
- Meanwhile take all the ingredients for the vinaigrette
in a small mixing bowl. Whisk them together to
emulsify the oil and vinegar.
- Mix all the greens and cooled veggies in a salad
bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over and mix lightly into
- Serve, and enjoy the salad!
Veggies ready for roasting
Shredded boston lettuce, baby kale, baby chard, and baby spinach
Greens and Vegetables mixed together with the vinaigrette
I first tasted guacamole dip with tortilla chips years back and I am a big fan of it since then. Mild tasting avocados mixed with different vegetables makes it so flavourful. I like to add some hot chilies too. This gives it some kick. I have tried different recipes from others as well several attempts to make my own. Below is my best attempt which has received kudos from family and friends; Enjoy!
Guacamole, my way: (Serves 4 to 6)
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup corn kernels (You can use frozen or from freshly grilled corn cob)
- 2 Hot chilies finely chopped (I use serrano or fingerhot chilies)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes (Do not skip the lime juice as it prevents the avocados from turning brown)
- Salt as per your taste (about 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- In a large bowl place chopped onion, red bell pepper, corn kernals and cumin seeds
- Add chopped chilies and cilantro to the vegetables.
- Scoop avocados in the bowl. Squeeze the lime juice and salt over the scooped avocados.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the avocado pulp and mix it together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips of your choice.
Prep work for great guacamole
Corn, green chili, red bell paper, and onion
Cilantro and lime
Star of the show avocado
Ready to eat guacamole and chips