I first tasted guacamole dip with tortilla chips years back and I am a big fan of it since then. Mild tasting avocados mixed with different vegetables makes it so flavourful. I like to add some hot chilies too. This gives it some kick. I have tried different recipes from others as well several attempts to make my own. Below is my best attempt which has received kudos from family and friends; Enjoy!
Guacamole, my way: (Serves 4 to 6)
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup corn kernels (You can use frozen or from freshly grilled corn cob)
- 2 Hot chilies finely chopped (I use serrano or fingerhot chilies)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes (Do not skip the lime juice as it prevents the avocados from turning brown)
- Salt as per your taste (about 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- In a large bowl place chopped onion, red bell pepper, corn kernals and cumin seeds
- Add chopped chilies and cilantro to the vegetables.
- Scoop avocados in the bowl. Squeeze the lime juice and salt over the scooped avocados.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the avocado pulp and mix it together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips of your choice.