I am back designX6 blog fans, and I have a delicious recipe to share with you. I like to add some flavor to the food I make. Sometimes it is different herbs, sometimes it is vegetables. There will be always some spices in it. This time I have used mustard to prepare this chicken. I use mustard seeds regularly in the cooking, but not the paste. In this recipe yellow mustard is used as a main ingredient in the marination. Mustard gives the chicken a sharp taste and a nice color after the roasting. Basically, you add everything in the marinade and roast the chicken with the marinade.
I like to serve this chicken with a warm butternut squash and peas salad. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Servings: 2
- 1 lb chicken breasts, thinly sliced cutlets
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon or as per your taste salt
- 1 big white onion peeled and then cut in big chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Clean the chicken and pat it dry before putting it into the marinade.
- Cut the onion in big chunks and cut the lemon in half.
- In a gallon size ziplock bag add olive oil, mustard, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Next goes in salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine all the spices together.
- Add onions and lemon juice to the marinade along with the leftover lemon pulp and rind. Lastly add the chicken cutlets into the marinade and mix everything together.
- Keep the chicken in the refrigerator for half to one hour to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer the chicken in roasting pan with the marinade, onion, and garlic.
- Finally, roast everything together for 12 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely.
Butternut Squash and Green Peas Salad Servings: 2
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh thyme
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and diced squash. Sautè it for 2 minutes. Pour water over the squash and put the lid on to the skillet. Let the squash cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After the squash is cooked add paprika, salt and black pepper to squash. Mix it well.
- Next add green peas to the squash mixture and sautè it for a minute. Let it cook for another minute.
- Garnish the salad with cilantro and thyme before Serving.