We at our home love eating salads for lunch. It is light, yet satisfying. We make salads using a variety of food like grains, mixed greens, lettuce, nuts, veggies and fruits. This one is one of our favorites. It is versatile and is easy to make. You can add as many or as little veggies as you like.
Roasted Veggie Salad: (Serves: 2)
- 4 Cups washed and dried mixed greens (I use shredded boston lettuce and baby mixed greens like chard, spinach and kale)
- 1/4 Cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup butternut squash, julienne
- 1/4 Cup red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/4 Cup yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 1/4 Cup carrots, julienne
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower seeds (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper as per your taste
- Line a baking sheet with a aluminium foil and spread
all the veggies on it. Sprinkle little olive oil, salt and
pepper on it. Mix well so veggies are well coated with
oil and seasonings.
- Preheat oven on 400 degree F and after it is
preheated put the veggie tray in the oven. Roast the
veggies for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- After the veggies are done roasting keep them aside
to cool down a little.
- Meanwhile take all the ingredients for the vinaigrette
in a small mixing bowl. Whisk them together to
emulsify the oil and vinegar.
- Mix all the greens and cooled veggies in a salad
bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over and mix lightly into
- Serve, and enjoy the salad!