Finally summer is here. However, we get hot and humid days here in Ohio. The best way to beat these hot days is to make cool drinks. I like to use different fruits to make drinks. Peaches are my new favorites after moving here. I use them all the time to make cobblers, cakes and other desserts when they are in season. Most of all I like to use them in sangria.Sangria is a Spanish alcohol based beverage. It is wine based drink mixed with chopped fruits, fruit nectars and sometimes adding different alcohol mixtures. My recipe of sangria is a lighter version. Fresh peaches gives it beautiful orange color. Here is how I make sangria:
- 2 Cups white wine
- 1 Cup peach green tea ( I use Tazo iced peach tea )
- 1 Cup lemonade
- 3 Peaches, sliced
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Ice for serving
- In a big pitcher mix the white wine, peach green tea and lemonade. Stir them together to mix.
- Slice Peaches and lemons. Add them to wine+tea mixture in the pitcher. Let the fruits steep into the mixture.
- Cover the pitcher with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, fill the glass halfway with ice and pour the drink over it. Garnish it with a lemon or peach slice and serve.