Nowadays we are trying to eat less carbs, so we are eating chicken and fish a couple of times a week. Most of the time when I cook poultry or seafood we like to eat it with veggies or salad instead of rice and flatbread. Using za’atar paste to marinate cod was a no brainer. Light, lemony and herby za’atar tastes amazing with cod. I used cod in the recipe but any white firm fish or shrimps can be used instead of cod in this recipe. It is a simple and light, yet satisfying lunch menu.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1 lb. cod fillets
- 2 tablespoon SpiceMiss Za’atar
- 1 teaspoon papprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- lime slices
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Mix the za’atar, paprika, cayenne powder, olive oil, and salt in a small mixing bowl to make a thick paste.
- Marinate the cod fillets well with the prepared za’atar mixture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour to marinate.
- Preheat the griddle before you grill the fish. You can use a cast iron pan as well.
- Brush the pan with the olive oil. Put the fish fillet on the hot pan. Cook them about 3 to 4 min. per side, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with lime slices and chopped cilantro before serving.
I like to serve this fish with a salad. I made a green salad with peach and seasoned it with a simple lime vinaigrette.